Sunday, April 8, 2012

Soap Addiction... Bay Rum Soap

Bay Rum




Hi, my name is Kim, and I am a soapaholic.
It's been less that 24 hours since my last soap. I soaped again today. I have to fight the urge to make batch after batch. I have so much soap already but I just need to make more and more and more! 
Oh, who am I kidding? I love soaping and it's not a bad thing... lol


Ok, so you wanna know what I soaped today?


I got a wonderful fragrance oil called Bay Rum and it smells divine!! 
I had this really nice idea in my head of brown, gold and cream swirls so off I went to make it happen.
I already knew that the FO would discolor to a toffee color and I was ok with that. I split the batch off into 3 parts. One part would be the toffee color and the other 2 parts I would color a dark yellow/gold and cream (no colorant). I did not put FO in these parts because I wanted (hoped) they would stay the color I wanted them to.
I decided midstream that I wanted some dark brown in the light brown so I poured off some of the uncolored soap I set out and added some cocoa to it.
Everything was going along really well. It looked really nice. I sprinkled some ground clove on the top and put it to bed. 
A couple hours later I decided to peek on it. Wouldn't you know it! The whole thing went into gel (not a bad thing) and turned really dark (could be a bad thing). I am crossing all my fingers that it still resembles some kind of swirl inside. We won't know until tomorrow. It still smells good.. yay!


Lesson learned today... Bay Rum heats up.



No comments:

Post a Comment