When I started this project I chose a recipe that I knew, or thought I knew, would give me some time to mix and pour it all. My lye temp was about 100 degrees and my oils were about 96 degrees. I added my FO to my oils, as I have been doing for a while now. I set my water percent at 38 and 6% super fat and off I went...
As an afterthought I decided to add sodium lactate to my batch. I chose the low amount recommended and added it to my lye water. Then I added my lye solution to my oils and proceeded to stir. I gave the stick blender a couple of shots to mix and bam!! My soap started to get thick in a hurry!! OMG!! Throw some color in it and get it in the mold!!!
So I've got my mold half way full of the soap mix and it suddenly thins up to a nice workable pudding state. Hmmm.. now what? I already colored all of the soap. I still have the titanium dioxide ready to use. I guess we are gonna do it a bit differently. I split some of the batter off kept adding a little more titanium dioxide to each layer until I got to the top then poured the rest of the lightest into the rest of the darkest and did an in the pot swirl and piled it on top.
I scented it with China Rain from Natures Garden. They describe the fragrance as "refreshing, clean aroma with top notes of fresh rose petals, middle notes of wisteria and cyclamen, bottom notes of sandlewood and vanilla". Kim said it was a great scent and it behaved and did not discolor so I'm checking it out. It's been a few days and it still looks the same and smells strong.
My husband chose the fragrance and the color. Good job honey!! :)